Apartment Agents is not going to be your best resource if you are looking for a short term rental (less than six months), have a felony or eviction on your record, or need assistance with a housing voucher.
Here are some resources to help with your search.
Here are some resources we put together for individuals with special circumstances like credit or background issues preventing them from being approved or needing help locating an apartment that accepts a housing voucher issued to them.
Short Term or Vacation Rentals
- Need a fully furnished place for a few months?
Extended Stay America – Hotels with spacious, apartment-like suites with full kitchens and free Wi-Fi.
- Looking for a vacation rental?
VBRO – With over 2 million bookable vacation rentals, Vrbo connects homeowners with families and vacationers looking for something more than a hotel for their trip.
Broken Lease, Felony or Eviction
We can assist you with certain broken lease situations listed here:
- If the broken lease is over 3 years old and you have good rental history since the broken lease
- If you have paid off the rental debt with the property or can pay off the amount owed
If you meet these requirements Signup Here
Background issues like a felony or eviction is not our specialty.
- You may want to try searching HAR.com, where private individuals will list their properties for rent and are sometimes more willing to rent to individuals with circumstances preventing them from being able to lease at professionally managed communities.
- There are locators who specialize in finding apartments for people with background issues. The best way to find apartment locators who specialize in helping individuals with background or credit issues is to search the term “Second Chance Apartment Locators” near me or in the city or area you want to live in.
Unfortunately, the communities we work will not pay our fee for assisting with housing vouchers.
We recommend contacting the housing department that issued your voucher for assistance. They should be able to provide you with a list of all the properties that accept their housing voucher.
The only additional resource we know of online is affordablehousing.com